Sales Engineer Manager
The Sales Engineering Manager oversees the sales support and administration functions in order to improve client satisfaction during pre- and post-sales support activities. This position oversees and supervises a team of Sales Engineering staff supporting current and prospective clients through the entire sales cycle including scoping, product demonstrations, proposal development / presentation, post-sales implementation, and technical support. Primary Duties include overseeing the support teams, helping prepare and present client / prospect demonstrations, and supporting support activity for prospects and existing accounts, as well as the identification, creation, and/or implementation of pre- and post-sales support methodologies to provide superior customer support during solution implementation including SW installation, client application training, and post-sales client support.
General Responsibilities will include:
- Manages daily activities of the client facing support functions including Implementation, Pre-sales, and Post-sales Support
- Help direct reports achieve high levels of success by understanding their strengths, and areas requiring development, and by providing them guidance and training assistance.
- Organize and supervise Synchrogenix’s customer support operations to provide quick, professional, courteous, and accurate information and troubleshooting assistance to Synchrogenix prospects and current clients.
- Assist in the creation and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures as well as interdepartmental policies and procedures.
- Functions as a technical expert across a wide variety of current and potential customer sales opportunities during the scoping and demonstration phases of the sales cycle.
- Assist the sales team members with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for an appropriate SW solution to address a specific prospect or current client’s regulatory submissions needs.
- Provides feedback for the preparation of proposals, Statements of Work, and other deliverables to support the various members of the sales and professional services team with respect to Synchrogenix’s eCTD software implementations.
- Provide support to the Sales Teams to help them develop and deliver product demonstrations, and other materials required to achieve sales success with new and existing clients.
- Serve as the sales and marketing department’s primary liaison to Synchrogenix’s product management, professional services, product development, QA, IT, and other departments as required.
- Utilize and schedule Sales Engineering support staff to provide key customer virtual and on-site support as well as usability and technical problem research and resolution.
- Provide support and triage for more complex customer requests or complaints, escalating to the appropriate support responsibility within the product management, and / or research and development teams in a timely manner.
- Oversee data entry by the various support staff (e.g. SEs, third party partners, etc.) into the CRM Support Case Logging system, and develop / present periodic reports and presentations, including weekly and monthly status reports, to review and highlight support case trends and measurement metrics.
- Coordinate with Marketing to provide content for and feedback on various sales and marketing collateral, instructions for use, training documentation, and website content for Customer Support landing pages.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in the domain of electronic submissions and use this knowledge to determine potential impact of the software, educate current clients and prospects, and write materials for the company blog and other marketing activities.
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team.
Accountabilities and Performance Measure
- Supports the sales team in achieving their assigned sales quota in designated territories and vertical market segments by providing input and feedback on recommended demonstration or proposal strategies when appropriate.
- Achieves and maintains high customer satisfaction ratings (as measured by NPS scores) that meet or exceed company standards.
- Ensures proper record keeping using available sales tools and CRM systems.
- Maintain and provide regular and routine reporting on Sales Engineering functions and performance including weekly status reports, and monthly summaries of client pre- and post- sales engagements.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Supervise direct reports ensuring they achieve their respective objectives, quarterly, and annual goals.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 7 years of strategic sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Prior track record of achievement in a Customer Support, Technical Support, Customer Care position.
- This position may require frequent travel.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license
- PC proficiency.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.